Apple Pie: a high-fibre topping
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 1 portion
- 1 small apple, cut into quarters
- 5 ml (1 tsp) butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp) maple syrup
- 1 slice Les Grains St-Méthode Whole Oat Bread
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) almond butter
- In a small pan, brown the apple quarters in the butter, add the maple syrup, and cook until the apple is caramelized. Add a pinch of cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste.
- Toast the bread and top it with almond butter.
- Place the apples on the topping and enjoy!
*Recipe courtesy of Isabelle Huot
Nutrition facts: 320 calories | 14 g fat | 45 g carbohydrate | 8 g fibre | 8 g protein