Shrimp Sandwich with Apples & Halloumi Cheese
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 2 portions
- 4 slices of “Les Grains" bread from Boulangerie St-Méthode
- 1/2 cup northern shrimp
- ½ green apple, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of dried dill
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 leaves of Boston lettuce
- 2 slices of Halloumi cheese, classic or with herbs
1. In a bowl, combine the shrimp, green apple, green onion, dill, garlic powder and mayonnaise and mix. Season with salt and pepper. (Be careful with the salt, as Halloumi cheese is already quite salty).
2. In a medium-sized frying pan, grill the slices of Halloumi cheese. Place on a paper towel. Set aside.
3. Per person: Place the 2 slices of bread on a plate. Place Boston lettuce and top with shrimp mixture. Add a Halloumi cheese slice.