Wonderful white fish with 1,001 flavours
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 portions
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- Ground salt and pepper
- 4 cod steaks, 200 g each
- 2 slices of La Récolte de St-Méthode 9 Grain Bread, cut into small cubes
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 10 almonds, coarsely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh ginger, grated
- 2,5 ml (½ tsp.) ground cumin
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground turmeric
- 60 ml (¼ cup) raisins
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
Preheat the oven to 205° C (400° F).
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Caramelize the onion for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the almonds, ginger, and spices, and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Add the raisins 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
In another skillet, brown the bread cubes in oil for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add to the onion mixture and set aside.
In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Generously season the cod steaks. When the butter is bubbling, place the cod steaks in the pan and sear the flesh for 3 minutes on one side. Carefully turn them over and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Finish cooking in the oven, 5 minutes.
Generously garnish the steaks with the Moroccan croutons.