Grilled Vegetable and Chickpea Salad with Balsamic Croutons and Miso Dressing
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- In a bowl, combine the eggplant rounds, pepper quarters, and vegetable oil. Season to taste and set aside.
- Pre-heat the barbecue to high (450° F)
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and cumin. Season to taste. Daub the slices of bread with the mixture. Set aside.
- Grill the eggplant rounds and pepper quarters on the barbecue for 5 to 6 minutes, turning them over a few times while cooking.
- Grill the bread slices on each side, then place them on the barbecue’s upper grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, making sure they are golden and crispy. Cut the bread into cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the grilled eggplant and pepper. Combine them with the chickpeas, parsley, and dressing.
When ready to serve, top with some croutons.
*Recipe and picture courtesy of Trois fois par jour