Chicken and Cucumber Sandwich with Sesame Mayo
- Prep time
- Cooking time
15 ml (1 tbsp.) sesame seeds
1 medium carrot
2 Lebanese cucumbers
125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
5 ml (1 tsp.) toasted sesame oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) soy sauce
8 slices Campagnolo White Club Loaf bread
500 ml (2 cups) shredded cooked chicken
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh cilantro or basil leaves
- In a small skillet, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrot and thinly slice the cucumbers.
- Add the mayonnaise, oil and soy sauce to the bowl of sesame seeds and mix together.
- Toast the bread and then spread with the sesame mayo.
- Top 4 slices of toast with the chicken, cucumber, carrot, and cilantro. Cover with the remaining 4 slices of toast.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.