Chipotle Egg Sandwich
- Prep time
- Cooking time
60 ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
1 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground chipotle pepper (or hot or mild smoked paprika)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) lime juice
30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh cilantro
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
6 hard-boiled eggs
250 ml (1 cup) baby spinach
8 slices Campagnolo White Club Loaf bread
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the chipotle pepper, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt to taste.
- Add the celery, green onions and bell pepper, stir.
- Add eggs and mash with a fork. Mix well.
- Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board.
- Top with egg mixture and baby spinach.
- Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Cut each sandwich in half or into quarters and pack in a lunch box.