Breakfast Sandwich with Egg, Caramelized Maple Apples, and Cheddar
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat; add the apple slices and cook for 5 minutes. Add the maple syrup; warm for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- In a pot, bring some water to a boil with the vinegar and salt. One by one, crack the eggs and carefully drop them into the simmering water; cook for 4 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Toast the slices of bread.
- Top each slice of toast with cheddar, maple caramelized apples, arugula, and one or two poached eggs.
- Add pepper to taste and serve immediately.