My spicy chicken for hungry cowboys
- Prep time
40 minutes + 6 hours marinating
- Cooking time
- 4 portions
- 8 grain-fed chicken drumsticks
- 375 ml (1½ cups) buttermilk
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chilli powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) paprika
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) salt
- 4 slices of Les Grains St-Méthode 100% Whole Grain with Sprouted Wheat Bread (or the equivalent in bread crusts)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cornstarch
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) chilli powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) garlic powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
With a small knife, cut a few slits in each drumstick. In a large hermetically sealed bag, mix the buttermilk, garlic, chilli powder, paprika, and salt. Marinate the drumsticks in the mixture for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator. Quickly drain the drumsticks before cooking.
Preheat the oven to 210° C (425° F).
Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and dry them in the oven for 5 minutes. Then put them in a food processor and grind them into breadcrumbs. Mix in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
Coat each of the drumsticks with breadcrumbs and place them on a baking sheet, ideally covered with a grill (or with lightly oiled aluminum foil). Cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.