Toast, homemade almond butter, fresh blueberries, honey and homemade granola
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 slices of St-Méthode Bakery bread
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 8 tbsp of honey
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
- ¾ tsp of salt
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 cup of raisins
- 2 cups of almonds
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a 15 x 20 in baking sheet or two smaller ones with parchment paper.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add the lightly beaten egg white over the granola and mix well.
4. Spread mixture over the baking sheet(s) and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Cook until the granola is nicely golden.
6. Remove from oven and set aside.
1. Roast the almonds for 10-15 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
2. In a food processor, pulse the nuts until finely ground.
3. Add the honey and combine.
4. Gradually add the vegetable oil and combine.
6. The oil will rise to the surface.
7. When cool, stir the mixture vigorously until texture is consistent.
1. Toast the bread on the barbecue or in a toaster.
2. Spread 2 or 3 tbsp of almond butter over the toast.
3. Top with the blueberries, honey and granola.
4. Enjoy the toast with a bowl of plain yogurt.
*Recipe courtesy of Ann-Rika Martin