Crispy Maple Breadsticks with Cinnamon-Pear Dip
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 6 portions
- 5 Bartlett pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup or sugar
- 1 to 2 ml (1/4 to 1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- Trimmed crusts from a loaf of St-Méthode’s Campagnolo 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) semi-salted butter
- 30 to 45 ml (2 to 3 tbsp) maple sugar
- Combine the ingredients for the dip in a small pot.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the pears soften. Cooking time may vary. If your fruit is very ripe, it will cook faster than if it is firm.
- Blend using a mixer to form a smooth purée. Keep warm or let cool (as the dip can be served hot or cold).
- Preheat the oven to 450º F (230º C) and get a baking sheet ready.
- Place the butter on the sheet and melt it in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven, add the bread crusts, and mix them to make sure they are coated in the melted butter.
- Return the sheet to the oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until the crusts are golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle generously with maple sugar and mix well to coat the crusts.
- Serve with the dip.