My busy day pudding
- Prep time
- Cooking time
1 hour 35 minutes
- 6 to 8 portions
- 285 g (half a loaf) Campagnolo 9 Whole Grain Italian Bread, cubed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter, at room temperature (for the loaf pan)
- 375 ml (1½ cups) 15% cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 1 vanilla pod, split and scraped
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) goji berries
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 180 ml (¾ cup) coconut milk
- Coconut shavings, toasted
Preheat the oven to 160° C (350° F).
Evenly grease a loaf pan.
In a large bowl, mix the cream and coconut milk with the vanilla, eggs, and brown sugar. Whisk vigorously before adding the bread cubes, bananas, and goji berries. Mix and mash the bread and banana purée with your hands. Let the mixture absorb the liquid for 15 minutes before transferring it to the loaf pan. Place the loaf pan in a large baking dish, filling the dish halfway with boiling water, and cover with aluminum foil. Cook in the oven for about an hour, remove the foil, and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Let rest at least one hour before unmoulding.
In the meantime, prepare the coconut-caramel sauce.
In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and coconut milk until the sugar dissolves. Let cool.
When serving, garnish the bread pudding with sauce and coconut shavings.