Sweet & Savory French Toast
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 portions
3 slices of Ste Methode Whole Grain with Sprouted Wheat bread
1/4 cup milk
150g shaved ham
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2-1 tbsp liquid from a tin of Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
For the French Toast
- In a shallow plate-bowl, whisk together 3 eggs and 1/4 cup milk.
- Dip bread into the egg and milk mixture. Make sure you tap off the excess mixture.
- In a pan, add a little bit of butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the dipped toast and fry until cooked through.
For the ham
- Chop up the ham into thin slices. Pour a little bit of oil to a pan (not much) , and add the shaved ham. Drizzle with a little bit of maple syrup and let fry.
For the egg
- Add oil to a pan, and fry two eggs sunny side up.
For the syrup
- On low heat, add a little bit of butter, 1/2 cup of maple syrup, and mix in 1/2 - 1 tbs of liquid from the Chipotles in Adobo Sauce tin.
Lay the French toast down, put the ham on top, then the two eggs, salt and pepper, and then drizzle with the spicy-sweet syrup.
Recipe and picture by Cheryl Yeung