Pumpkin French Toast with Coconut Milk
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 -4 minutes
- 8 slice of white loaf bread from St-Méthode
- A knob of butter for cooking (add more if needed)
Garnish (to taste):
- Coconut, grated or flaked
- Maple syrup
- Greek Yogurt
- 400 ml of coconut milk (1 can)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
- A pinch of clove
- ½ tsp. of ginger tea
- ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
1. Mix all of the ingredients in the "mixture" category together.
2. Soak one piece of bread in the mixture at a time or several pieces at once. *
3. Preheat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. Add a knob of butter. Add a soaked piece of bread, or more than one at a time.
4. Cook the bread for 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium-high heat. Reduce the heat if you feel it is too hot. The inside of the bread should also be thoroughly cooked. Serve with grated coconut, yogurt and maple syrup.
I always soak bread while another is being cooked. That way, I make sure that each piece of bread is soaked for at least 5 minutes in the mixture and that it is well moistened.