Gourmet Hemp and Homemade Fresh Cheese Toast on St-Méthode Bread
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 to 6
- 4 to 6 slices of Hemp bread from St-Méthode
- ½ liter of 3.5% milk
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon of Quebec honey
- 1 tablespoon of apple carmine
- 2 tablespoons of pecan nuts
- Half a lemon, juiced
- Some fresh arugula leaves
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Flower of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast hemp bread slices on both sides.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil and pour the lemon juice on the hot milk.
- Stir with a whip and wait for the milk to separate and curdle.
- Filter the milk in a strainer using a cheesecloth or simply a white towel.
- Season the fresh homemade cheese with salt and pepper.
- Cut thin tomato slices with a knife.
- Place the tomato slices on each slice of hemp bread.
- Add the pecan nuts and sprinkle with the fresh crumbled cheese.
- Sprinkle some fresh arugula leaves over slices of bread.
- Pour a splash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Finish with a few drops of honey and apple carmine.
*Recipe courtesy of Jerome Ferrer
For bite-size gourmet appetizers, cut the bread slices into six pieces.