For the French Toast:
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk (add1 teaspoon vanilla to the mixture)
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of St-Méthode Home Style oat bread
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 4 c. coffee
For the Tiramisu:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of mascarpone
- 1 to 2 knobs of butter
- ¼ cup of coffee at room temperature or cold
French toast (these steps can be done the day before):
1. Cut the slices of bread on a cutting board to form large cubes (4x3).
2. In large bowl, combine almond milk, eggs, brown sugar and coffee. Add the bread and soak..
3. In a large skillet, on medium-high heat, add a knob of butter. Bake the cubes of soaked bread for about 10 minutes (5 minutes on each side) or until both sides are golden brown. Set aside.
1. Place the egg whites in a blender. Whisk until there is bubbling and the liquid is whitened. Add 1/3 cup of sugar very gradually while continuing to whisk. Whisk for 3-4 minutes or until stiff peaks form. (When raising the whisk, there is a peak on the end that does not fall off). Set aside at cold temperature, or prepare steps 2 and 3 simultaneously.
2. In a bowl, whisk egg yolk, add 2 tsp. of sugar.
3. Add the mascarpone and whisk until there are no more lumps.
4. Gently add the egg white mixture. Mix gently.
5. Take the verrines. Dip the cubes of golden bread into the coffee, then place in the bottom of the verrines. Add the mixture of mascarpone, then the golden soaked pieces of bread in the coffee and, finally the mascarpone on top..
6. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. When serving, sprinkle some cocoa on top.