Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of Campagnolo bread
- ½ a red pepper, diced
- 1 package (227 g) of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 small creamer potatoes, cut into 4
- 175 g of store-bought pancetta, cooked and cubed
- 6 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 120 ml of crème fraîche
- 1 cup of aged cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup of spinach
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread out the onions, potatoes, garlic, diced pepper, mushrooms, and pancetta. Add 4 tbsp of vegetable oil, salt and pepper to taste; mix to combine. Bake for 20 minutes, mixing the vegetables halfway through the cooking time.
- When the vegetables are ready, transfer them to an oven-safe dish. Using a spoon, make 4 holes in the vegetable mixture to hold the eggs. Break the eggs directly into the holes and top the entire dish with the shredded cheese. Return the dish to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your egg yolks.
- In the meantime, toast the 4 slices of bread. Then, cut them into 2 cm cubes.
- When you take the dish out of the oven, randomly top with 4 or 5 spoons of crème fraîche. Add the toasted bread cubes and top with fresh spinach.
- Place in the centre of the table and enjoy with your guests.
*Recipe courtesy of Ann-Rika Martin