Salted Croutons and Oat Granola
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 2 portions
- 4 slices of 9 whole grains bread, cut into 1.5 cm cubes;
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oat flakes;
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds;
- ¼ cup of sesame or hemp seeds;
- 1 tbsp. of dried onion or 1 tsp. of onion powder;
- 1 tsp. of paprika;
- 1 tsp. of thyme;
- Crushed red pepper, to taste.
- ¼ cup of olive oil;
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup;
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard;
- 1 tsp. of soy sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and cover the tray with parchment paper;
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients by hand;
- In a small bowl, mix all the wet ingredients to form a smooth dressing;
- Pour the dressing over the dry ingredients and mix well to make sure that every piece of bread and oats are well coated;
- Spread on the plate. Bake for 20–25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
*Recipe and picture courtesy of Caroline Huard
The granola can be stored in an airtight container for 4–5 days.