ROASTED TOMATOES AND ONIONS CIPOLLINI TOAST
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 portions
450 g of cipollini onions
450 g small cherry tomatoes
¼ cup of olive oil
4 slices of bread St.Method 9 Whole Grains
1 can of 398 ml white cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1 clove of garlic
4 or 5 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (400 ° F). Boil some water in a small saucepan and blanch the onions for 10 seconds, before immersing them immediately in cold water. Using a paring knife, make a small incision on each onion to peel them from there. Cut in half.
- Arrange the peeled onions and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of coarse salt. Stir to coat well.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning onions and tomatoes every 10 minutes with a spatula.
- Just before removing the plate, place the slices of bread in a toaster and let them lightly grill.
- Remove the plate of vegetables and bread from the oven.
- Rub the clove of garlic on the slices of bread while they are still hot.
- Arrange the bread on a serving platter.
- Spread the beans equally on each slice of bread. Scrape the hotplate still hot with a spatula and pour all its contents on the croutons.
- Garnish the croutons with basil and serve.
*Recipe courtesy of Stefano Faita