My spiced-up pudding that never fails to please
- Prep time
25 minutes + resting time
- Cooking time
- 4 to 6 portions
- 2 L (8 cups) stale La Récolte de St-Méthode Kamut Bread, cubed, or about 400 g (14 oz.)
- 4 eggs
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper (or other ground dried pepper)
- Ground salt and pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 10 green onions, minced
- 4 leaves Swiss chard, minced
- 125 g fresh goat cheese, crumbled
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and aromatics. Add the bread cubes and mix. Let the bread soak up the mixture anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.
Once the bread is ready, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the green onions and Swiss chard until tender, about 3 minutes. Incorporate this preparation into the bread mixture. Add the goat cheese.
In the meantime, preheat the oven to 160° C (350° F), and oil (or spray) a large, 4 to 6 portion muffin tin.
Transfer the mixture into the muffin moulds. Cook in the oven for 35 minutes.