Maple Caramelized Cranberry, Pear, and Pecan French Toast
- Prep time
- Cooking time
- 4 portions
Ingredients | French Toast
8 slices de St-Méthode 9 grains La Récolte bread
1/2 cup of milk
1 tbsp. of butter
1 tsp. maple sugar
Ingredients | Maple caramelized cranberries, pears and pecans.
3 tbsp. of butter
3 tbsp. of maple sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 pears, thin sliced
1/2 cup of fresh cranberries
1/2 cup of pecans
Dark chocolate topping (optional)
1. French toast
• Mix eggs, milk, and maple sugar in a bowl
• Melt butter in a non-stick pan, medium heat
• Dip each slice of bread in the mix and place them in the pan. Wait for bread to darken.
• Keep the french toast warm
2. Maple caramelized cranberries, pears and pecans.
• Warm pan to medium heat, melt butter
• Add maple sugar and a pinch of salt, mix well
• Add cranberries, pears, and pecans and add maple sugar
• Let simmer until a light syrup is formed
• Top french toast with the maple caramelized mix
• Add chunks of dark chocolate and serve!
*Recipe and picture courtesy of marianne_dp